Advertisement

Think About Google and Apple One year ago, I wrote this article on my private blog when I finished reading a book about the argument between Apple and Google. Now I translate this article to the English version. I think it looks I am re-writing it once more. In the past one year, something happened for both Google and Apple, so, I think about what I should write about these two companies again, and, show it. “I just finish reading a book about the argument between Google and Apple these years” I bought this book which is one of three I bought from Amazon within two days. I can feel the deep praise to Google’s Culture and irony to Apple’s inner power struggle from author. However, his opinion about these two companies is impersonal.
Think About Google and Apple

Think About Google and Apple

One year ago, I wrote this article on my private blog when I finished reading a book about the argument between Apple and Google. Now I translate this article to the English version. I think it looks I am re-writing it once more. In the past one year, something happened for both Google and Apple, so, I think about what I should write about these two companies again, and, show it.

“I just finish reading a book about the argument between Google and Apple these years” I bought this book which is one of three I bought from Amazon within two days. I can feel the deep praise to Google’s Culture and irony to Apple’s inner power struggle from author. However, his opinion about these two companies is impersonal.

 In the second last chapter, the author mentioned “the integration of the platform”. I think Apple has promoted more in this area in the past years. And I also want to start my article from the development of both Android and iOS.

 Let’s start from Android. I want to talk from Samsung which is the biggest Cellphone with Android manufacturer and seller in the world. Since 2003, Samsung has grown to be the one of the biggest mobile phone exporter except Nokia and Motorola. Before 2007, I really appreciated Samsung mobile phone at design and function especially for Bada OS, although it has no power to contend to Symbian OS from Nokia. In that period, Korea-made clamshell and slide phone is more advanced than any other countries’. Samsung M508 applied CCD camera When the most Chinese people had never taken picture by their mobile phone. When I saw it in Korean play “I am sorry, I love you” in 2006, I got astonished. What a crazy but amazing phone! In addition, people used to treat their mobile phone as communication machine only except BlackBerry user before Apple announced iOS 5 and iCloud. They were not integrated ever.

What does it mean “Integration”? It means the cloud integration to erase the line between your whole communicator family. For example, when GPRS net service was not launched, people used their mobile phone as the caller and sms sender only. Several years later, people could send simple text email via GPRS. When 3G service gets common, people can freely and easily share photos and videos with anyone they want. In other words, cloud integration helps people to easily share any information and data, it selects one person’s whole data or contact and dispatch these data to all his own devices. It seems like exchange service from Microsoft. Once some one logs in his account on his one device, all his latest data will be pushed to any other devices instead of separately added. Before iOS 5 launched, some device manufacturers ever made the effort in this, such as Nokia Suit by Nokia. People could send sms in the computer when their Nokia mobile phone was connected to PC. It was a nice attempt, but failed finally. Because you need to know the complicated parameter in various setting items.

 Let’s come back to year 2015.

 Let’s have look at the Apple’s effort on “Integration”. I think, it would be quite enough if Apple is the only digital devices producer for consumers. Yes it will be. You can finish your job via iMac at home, continue working outside via MacBook Air, enjoy and share music via iPod, watch video, books and magazine via iPad, and get all of those contents from iTunes (Now Chinese mainland is also available), make a phone call via iPhone, watch plays via Apple TV and Apple Display, share hotspot and backup contents via Time Capsule. Since iCloud launched, Apple has be doing better and better in integration. I should also say this is from Mobile Me which has been proved to fail, but it is the basis of iCloud.

 Google shows the different attitude to Cloud and Big Data with Apple. Google is the most dynamic and creative company in the world, and standing on the ad-rate. The user’s personal information is quite important to Google because it will push widely but exactly ad to its visitors judging from their data. So, Android user will face the requirement to read his contacts and messages info when he launches an Android app at the first time. On this point, Apple is more careful and cautious. Users’ personal information are usually record as the habits or push to other device only. Apple is more a hardware producer, and haven’t treated the data over important as Google.

 Now, more and more companies and groups research and develop their special ROM from the original Android OS, such as Baidu, Tencent and Alibaba. I think the MIUI is the most effective ROM among them, although it may not the most excellent ROM.

 I look Xiaomi as the cheaper copy of Apple in the developing countries, but very successful. Apple is perfect, but you need to be a big rich man if you want a complete Apple surrounding. Then, Xiaomi appeared and became the second perfect choice in “Integration”. You can sync the files and net message between all your Xiaomi device. Actually speaking, Xiaomi can provide the more effective net service than Apple in China mainland because of the reasons.

 When my friends or colleagues require the advice about the choice of mobile phone from me, I will suggest them think about Apple or Xiaomi only. Once you select a type of digital device, it means you have also selected one style of life. You can also choose Huawei even Meizu, but, both of them cannot provide “Integration” for building a wonderful digital life. Google is great, it is said the income from Android is tiny for Google till now, but it has made Xiaomi fatten.

 Google is also the best promoter with spirit of sharing, he is worth in respect, but, he still has long way to Apple.
iTech Dunya

iTech Dunya

iTech Dunya is a technology blog that specializes in guides, reviews, how-to's, and tips about a broad range of tech-related topics..

Post A Comment:

0 comments: