Advertisement

"The Great Flood" My world is flooded With the struggles of generations Whose stories Play Mind tricks On my nature Which is why I seem lost Unsure of myself As I look For a familiar spot To drop the anchor of stability.
"The Great Flood"

My world is flooded
With the struggles of generations
Whose stories
Play
Mind tricks
On my nature
Which is why I seem lost
Unsure of myself
As I look
For a familiar spot
To drop the anchor of stability.

My breathing has started to slow
I have become too exhausted to
Keep the waters at bay
No longer
Able to find safe harbor
For my elemental treasures.

My balance must be restored
If I am to withstand
The swirling pull of
Changing currents
Shaking me from top to bottom.

Now while there's still time
To survive the onslaught
I intend to teach my offspring
The poignant lessons
They have
Missed in the past
Or they will drown.

For the floodwaters to recede
I must inspire them to chase
The angst and pain of
Illusions accumulated
In all their histories.
What they thought to be
Irrefutable
What they believed
Would last forever
Is fragile after all.

I, Mother Earth,
Standing precariously
In high waters
Have sent the bird of paradise
With my message
My most urgent wish
To share with
My most precious lifeforms.

May they re-examine reality
With open minds
May they find within
The determination
To hear my plea
May they gain the wisdom
They need
To reclaim the ground
From this great flood of vulnerability.

(Words: Harvey Kraft; Art: Beth Spencer)

iTech Dunya

iTech Dunya

iTech Dunya is a technology blog that specializes in guides, reviews, how-to's, and tips about a broad range of tech-related topics..

Post A Comment:

0 comments: