Advertisement

The Genius of Apple iPhone 6 Marketing I'm no marketing expert, but I've been thinking about Apple's new iPhone 6 billboards, that are plastered all around San Francisco, and possibly all around the world. I was a long time iPhone user, and then took a 3 year detour to Android by switching to the Nexus devices. I switched because I primarily wanted to learn more about the Android ecosystem. And as a customer of many Google services, I really enjoyed using the Nexus phone. Except for one thing... Camera.
The Genius of Apple iPhone 6 Marketing

The Genius of Apple iPhone 6 Marketing


I'm no marketing expert, but I've been thinking about Apple's new iPhone 6 billboards, that are plastered all around San Francisco, and possibly all around the world.

I was a long time iPhone user, and then took a 3 year detour to Android by switching to the Nexus devices. I switched because I primarily wanted to learn more about the Android ecosystem. And as a customer of many Google services, I really enjoyed using the Nexus phone. Except for one thing...

Camera.


Every time I'd be out taking pictures (especially after sunset), my pictures were significantly worse than ones being taken by my wife's iPhone. My photos were not as clear. The lighting was particularly off. The focus didn't work as well. I tried a few other Android devices, but no phone came close to iPhone. I struggled enough to finally return back to iPhone last year (after iPhone 6 came out).

In this age of instagram, we have all become secret photographers. And iPhone 6 is, hands down, the best camera phone. Apple knows this, as can be seen from these billboards...

And I think they're playing it very, very smartly. Instead of listing out how many megapixels the camera has, what zoom capacity it has or any other technical details, it shows you these beautiful photos taken by customers, like you and I.



And that's the genius of iPhone 6 marketing ---
It doesn't tell you "what it is", but it tells you "what you can do" with it.

Check out Apple's "Shot on iPhone 6" campaign on their website here.
Written by
iTech Dunya

iTech Dunya

iTech Dunya is a technology blog that specializes in guides, reviews, how-to's, and tips about a broad range of tech-related topics..

Post A Comment:

0 comments: