Advertisement

How Do You Get Inspired? Think about how you come up with your best ideas. Do you sit at your desk scratching your head with the end of a pencil trying to force your brain to fill the white canvas of your notepad or empty Word document? Do you look to others for inspiration? Do you drive around alone in your car with nothing but your thoughts? Do you let your subconscious do the work for you until you have a “Eureka!” moment like I do? No matter which way, I always find it fascinating how great ideas are spawned.
What Inspires You?: Tips to Spark Your Creative Vision

How Do You Get Inspired?

Think about how you come up with your best ideas. Do you sit at your desk scratching your head with the end of a pencil trying to force your brain to fill the white canvas of your notepad or empty Word document? Do you look to others for inspiration? Do you drive around alone in your car with nothing but your thoughts? Do you let your subconscious do the work for you until you have a “Eureka!” moment like I do? No matter which way, I always find it fascinating how great ideas are spawned.

Tips to Spark Your Creative Vision

1. Keep a list/notebook

Inspiration can strike anywhere at any time so it’s always a good idea to write them down. I always keep a list of all my ideas in my phone. Later on I decide which ones are good and I act on them. The bad ones get discarded or saved for a later date. You never know when a mediocre blog idea could develop into a work of genius.

2. Read a book or blog

Read what other people are talking about and learn from their shared knowledge. Many of the world’s best ideas were inspired by the work of others that came before. I always start my day with the latest marketing news on Flipboard.

3. Pay attention to advertising/marketing/product placement

I’ll have to admit I pay attention to other companies’ marketing campaigns and product placement in movies just to admire the creativity of others. Yesterday Microsoft held their Xbox Press Conference at E3 and their new slogan “Jump Ahead” really wowed me. Simple yet elegant. Did you notice the “Samsung Innovation Center” or Coca-Cola bottle in the new Jurassic World movie? These are some subtle but effective advertising techniques.

4. Think outside the box

Push the envelope. Brainstorm everything that comes to mind and write them down in the aforementioned list or notebook. Avoid negative thoughts and welcome all possibilities.

5. Keep it simple

Have you noticed the latest trends in marketing strategy? Flat logos, simple color schemes and 2-3 word slogans.

6. Try different things

After you have written all your ideas from #1 and you can’t decide which ideas you have are good or bad, just try them all. Don’t be afraid to try something new and if they don’t pan out you can learn from your mistakes.

7. Elaborate on what you’re passionate about

I could go on for days talking about marketing strategy, social media, or soccer. Stick to what you know and the ideas will really flow through your head.
I hope that I may have offered some inspiration for you. Happy Brainstorming!
iTech Dunya

iTech Dunya

iTech Dunya is a technology blog that specializes in guides, reviews, how-to's, and tips about a broad range of tech-related topics..

Post A Comment:

0 comments: